I have to start with this: it is not my birthday. It is a period of reflection and I want to look back and remind myself what has been going on. It is my recap 34 -before we get to New Year’s new set of resolutions.
Started 2022 in Peru. Came back to Bucharest and things seemed to have a different taste. In search of a new sense in my life, began making certain changes. Long story short: got a puppy.
Went back to Peru in June. Came back again to Bucharest. But to a sour taste: the illness of my best friend’s dad, and the uncertainty of my personal projects. And soon what would be changing jobs, (argh) again, not what I was really searching for -not so soon.
I have been bad at keeping friendships on point. But in all honesty, this year has been all about me. I have wanted intentionally to focus on myself. To put commas and periods where I needed to. That’s how it started. How is it going now? Horrible. It is horrendous. It is like a bad horror movie!
I have also learnt that I have put my eyes in things that have distracted me from my goals. That I have let others insult my dignity and tell me I am not worth it. And because it started getting very dark, I thought I needed to do a recap of my year #34.
So here you go:
- I saw my family twice in a year.
- Though I left a job, I was able to build strong and healthy work connections and even befriended them!
- Found a new job that has received me with open arms and has offered me new opportunities.
- I left behind people that I needed to leave behind.
- Though my friend’s dad did not make it to the end of the year -we were blessed to be part of his last journey.
- My puppy has grown healthy and beautiful.
- I am moving out temporarily to the country side!
When I say that I am focusing on myself, I mean that I acknowledge I am responsible for my well-being. So, I want to get to the end of this freaking year with a smile on my face and tell you that I have never been lucky.
I am loved.
One thought on “Year 34: recap.”
Te amo con devoción hijito de mi alma y orgullosa de ti siempre!!!